Aug 18, 2011

"Mere Brother Ki Dulhan 'inspired by the marriage ads - Director

Asian single women
Matrimonial ads are not exactly known for their creativity and ability to entertain. For debutant director Abbas Ali Zafar, however, ads in the paper that inspired him to "a brother Ki Dulhan".

"I often see married on Sunday newspaper is a very creative page There are many ads looking for well written Spouse Advertising, every caste and culture -..., whether Hindu, Muslim, Sikh - and most interesting is that almost all have the same requirements , "Zafar told IANS.

"There are all India, together on one page. It's so interesting. I thought, what if the film on this subject, it can be very entertaining with plenty of mass appeal," he added.
Director also drew inspiration from Hrishikesh Mukherjee in "Chupka Chupka" and "Gol Maale," which is the film starring Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif.

"You will find some glimpses of these films, because they are also a family film, very sophisticated, clean movie. My film" Dhoonki "and" simply brother Ki Dulhan ", as well as a song, but it's clean and elegant look of the film," he said.

His directorial debut, made under Yash Raj Films (YRF) banner, was released on 9th September. Possibility helm the film for the banner is about luck, says Zafar.

"It's full of fate, Yash Raj to make films as a producer and Imran, Katrina, as its lead star," said the director, who worked as an assistant on films like 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom', 'Tashan', 'New York' and ' Badmaash society, "all YRF production.

It took six months to change the whole Zafar whether Deputy Director.

"I wrote it when I finished" Badmaash company. When I finished the film in March (2010), I gave the script, Adi (Aditya Chopra). Fortunately, he liked the script, and I started to shoot in mid-September. It all happened in a period of six months, "he said.

The director wanted to avoid another star with Imrah and Katrina, and so called Pakistani singer Ali Zafar in the cast with them.

"These three film actor and Ali are very important. Imrah Katrina and the first pair, so we wanted to, who was not seen in this light. If I put some stars, people say that this film is very common.

"I wanted to take this amount of freshness X, playing a role in" Tere Bin Laden and people loved his role. It was a good actor and great singer ... All these things were very calculated. He also sang songs in this film.

"When I saw him in" Tere Bin Laden promo I thought that if this person shows good performance in the film, I'll take it. After the film was released, he came, greeted us, was loved by all and then we got to her. The first offers a traditional, was thrilled to hear the script, liked it and came on board, "said Zafar, who stuied biochemistry at the university.

The idea to become director of him in the days when the theater Kirori Delhi University Community College small.

"It's a very strong theater company in which I have done acting, directing, lighting, sets -.. everything when I made a couple of games, I realized that's what I do, so I stopped," says Zafar is Born in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.

Zafar is on his second script already. "I write what is not comedy."

No comments: