Feb 17, 2012

For Vidya Balan, Urdu literature means Gulzar

Asian single women
"My introduction to Urdu literature with Gulzar Saab I saw him at the Festival a few years ago Kalaghoda Karadi Tales reading .. I was so taken by what I saw and what I heard that I got interested in Urdu literature as well," he said at the launch album "Tera Bayaan Ghalib" along with Gulzar Saab.
 
"For me, there's only one person (Gulzar) I'm tongue-tied in front of Vishal (Bharadwaj). So beautifully has called him 'Safed mystics'," adds 33 years.
 
This album consists of the letters Ghalib poetry recited by poets and lyricist Gulzar and Jagjit Singh ghazal in the voice of late.
 
Talking about Jagjit Singh, said: "I think for all people of my generation, Jagjit Singh ghazal means-ji and Urdu literature Ghalib means Gulzar Saab may not be brought to us by others but these two cultural figures of India .." 

Gulzar also produced TV series, "Mirza Ghalib" in 1988, which has Naseeruddin Shah in the role of the poet.

No comments: